Ever wondered what a typical day for a Business Development Executive entails?
We caught up with Jamie Edwards, one of our super talented BDE’s to find out what a typical day at Mabo involves and what he gets up to in his free time…
1. Describe your role as Business Development Executive.
My role involves prospecting potential new clients that could benefit from having a no obligation review done on their current Google/Microsoft Ads accounts they have running. In more depth, it’s about generating leads for new business, establishing a relationship with potential new customers and then hopefully arranging a meeting with one of our consultants.
2. Please talk us through a typical working day for you at Mabo.
So, we start work at 8:30am, have a look at what tasks I have arranged for the day and then map my working day around them. When I have no arranged call backs I’m always looking for new companies to reach out to and help.
3. What is the best thing about working at Mabo?
For me, the best thing about working for Mabo is how friendly, down to earth and approachable people are here. Obviously there are lots of different positions and levels of people working here, but EVERYONE is still approachable.
4. What is the most challenging part of your role?
The most challenging part of being a Business Development Executive is finding the new leads. I really enjoy speaking to new potential customers, it’s just sometimes tricky finding the people to actually speak to! I’d much rather be speaking to someone, rather than looking for someone to speak to.
5. If you could give one piece of advice for someone who is looking for a role in sales what would it be?
Always be prepared to learn, you will never know everything about everything and know best. So being open to learning and taking on new advice will only benefit you going forward. I feel you can never stop learning.
6. What was your first job?
Selling mobile phones in an old call centre.
7. What book are you reading at the minute?
I have never read a whole book (unless Biff and Chip counts when I was in school).
8. What is your favourite quote?
A wise man just said nothing at all, just listened.
9. Name the top 3 things on your bucket list.
Going to Vegas, swimming with sharks, visit the colosseum in Rome.
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Always listen more than you speak.
11. Who are your favourite band?
This is definitely the hardest question….. Stereophonics!!
12. Name your favourite movie.
Man On Fire
13. What did you want to be when you were little?
A vet, and then I wanted to be a physio whilst I was in school.
14. What do you like to do for fun?
I LOVE music, so going to festivals, gigs, music related holidays. I also enjoy anything and everything to do with Liverpool Football Club.
Like the sound of a typical day for a Business Development Executive at Mabo?
You’re in luck – we’re hiring!
Take a look at our vacancies here.