Bing Ads has launched a brand new ad extension, named Action Extensions. This new feature has been designed to allow advertisers to make use of CTA buttons within text ads.
Last year, Bing began testing these Action Extensions and results indicated that advertisers benefited from around a 20% increase in click through rate. From this success Bing has made the decision to make this feature available globally.
These Action Extensions are now supported within the web user interface, the campaign management service API, bulk API and the Bing Ads campaign manager. They can be associated at the account, campaign or ad group level, however it is worth noting that advertisers are limited to 20 action extensions per level.
Bing Ads Action Extensions can be displayed with other ad extensions and are charged the same as headline clicks.
For those of you looking to get started with these Action Extensions, here’s how to get them set up within the web user interface:
- You can find the Action Extensions option at the top of the dropdown menu of available extensions within the Ad Extensions tab.
- From here you’ll be able to click the “Add New” option from the bottom of the Create Action Extensions window. Once you’ve selected this, you’ll then be shown the set up window.
- Here, you can choose which extension you’d like to choose from the 70 pre-defined Action Text options.
- Once you’ve selected which Action Extension you’d like to use, you have the option to set a distinct landing page for the action extension, or alternatively you’re able to leave the Final URL / Mobile URL fields blank.
- You’re also able to schedule these extensions to display during particular days and hours, providing real opportunity for businesses who have peak hours.