Formerly known as Bing Ads, Microsoft Advertising has followed in Google’s footsteps and added the position-based impression share metrics. However, unlike Google, Microsoft will be keeping average position reporting.
Six new performance stats are now available at the campaign, ad group, and keyword levels including metrics such as:
- Top impression share.
- Top impression share lost to rank.
- Top impression share lost to budget.
- Absolute top impression share.
- Absolute top impression share lost to rank.
- Absolute top impression share lost to budget.
In a recent article, Microsoft Advertising explains, “one key metric that will remain in your reporting is average position, as we’ve heard continuous feedback that shows this information is still very valuable to you”.